Look Upon My (Geotagged) Works, Ye Mighty, and Despair!
Eric Fischer, yet again delivering awesome. Armed with nothing but the Flickr and Picassa APIs, OpenStreetMap, Perl and Ghostscript, he has recreated the world (or at least the vectors of photographers in 20 50 important cities).
As previously noted:
- Motion recorded by geotagging photographers.
- Taking all timestamps and location stamps at face value.
- Black is walking (less than 7mph)
- Red is bicycling or equivalent speed (less than 19mph)
- Blue is motor vehicles on normal roads (less than 43mph)
- Green is freeways or rapid transit.
(Update: Eric just added 30 more cities!)
Click any map for near magical 1024 x 1024 and 6137 x 6137 pixel views.
I am just glad Eric uses his powers for good and not for evil.
1) New York
13) Hong Kong
17) Las Vegas