Bikes to Books Tour! May 3, 1-4! Co-hosted by SFBC!
Saturday, May 3, 1pm-4pm: Bikes to Books Ride! (co-hosted by the SFBC)
Combining San Francisco history, art, literature, cycling, and urban exploration, this 7.1 mile tour wends its way from Jack London Street to Jack Kerouac, South Park to North Beach. Admittedly not for the faint of heart nor gear, this interactive bike ride is nonetheless a diverting and unique way to celebrate both the literary and the adventurous spirit of San Francisco.
- Meet at 12:45 p.m. at Jack London Street in South Park
- Ride will commence at 1 p.m. sharp
- Ride will end at approximately 4 p.m. in North Beach (outside City Lights Books)
- Bring bikes with gears, snacks, and enthusiasm
- Bike ride is free!
You can pick up a map for $5 at the start of the tour, or buy one at any of these fine literary establishments:
- Adobe Books (24th @ Folsom)
- Alleycat (24th @ Harrison)
- Modern Times (24th @ Alabama)
- Dog Eared Books (Valencia @ 20th)
- Needles and Pens (16th @ Guerrero)
- Borderlands (Valencia @ 20th)
- Viracocha (Valencia @ 20th)
- Green Arcade (Market @ Gough)
- Green Apple (Inner Richmond, 6th Ave @ Clement)
- Paul’s Hat Works (Outer Richmond, Geary @ 25th Ave)
- Other Avenues (Outer Sunset, Judah @ 44th Ave)
- City Lights (North Beach, Columbus @ Broadway)