Skip to content

Bernal 360 Sunset

January 31, 2011

I do love me some Bernal – iPhone panorama at sunset.

Better yet, take a look at it in the coolio Occipital spinny panorama viewer (no plugins, don’t worry, iPhone friendly).

So up on the Boulevard I saw this Dark Jerusalem cricket / potato bug– it  was no kidding 3-4 inches long. Disgustingly fascinating. (Deep fried, this could be a serious appetizer.)

I could look at this all day.

Taquita Justice likes chert too.

About these ads
9 Comments leave one →
  1. January 31, 2011 4:44 am

Oh man, chert-tastique! One of my fave spots right there. And Taquito Justice? Priceless.

2. January 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Can someone corroborate that the white light that shines from the top of BH at night is a new thing? I’ve been wondering if I’m crazy.

3. January 31, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks to you, every time I go to Bernal now the word “chert” gets stuck in my head and I bore everyone I go with by saying “See the chert? That’s chert. That’s some good chert right there.”

• January 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Wait, I thought we weren’t talking about our secret plan to use chert to lure @skance back up Bernal.

• January 31, 2011 10:08 pm

Clearly, chert needs a theme song. I think tk’s got the lyrics right there.

4. Janet C permalink
    February 1, 2011 9:20 pm

I’ll admit to chanting “Cheeert!, cheerrt!..” out loud whenever I walk up to the top of the hill now.

Apropos of your suggestion on Bernalwood, don’t you think fried Jerusalem Crickets would be a good menu item for the mythical restaurant/lodge that should be in the telco bunker?

5. February 2, 2011 10:47 am

You should suggest them as a menu item for La Oaxaquena.

Seriously, though, those things freak me out. One time when we lived in Berkeley we were awakened to what we thought was our two kittens playing with something out of the trash. My ex picked it up in the dark to throw it away and it MOVED in his hand! He completely freaked out and droppeed it — it was a big ol’ Jerusalem Cricket. OMG they are so disturbing.

Trackbacks

1. Good Morning, Mission – Mission Loc@l : News From San Francisco's Mission District