Skip to content

Pastel Poll

January 7, 2010

Mission Mission and Sexpigeon alert us to the Cesar Chavez Walgreens Color Controversy:

Do you like white?

Or pastels?

For those saying it’s a primer — perhaps, but here’s the plan from the website:

and this comparison makes me think there’s little difference pre- and post-prime.

Please take this color coordinated poll:

Editorial bias — I say keep it a crisp, cool white (even if Sexpigeon’s shots show just the primers for the color scheme on the elevation drawing).

About these ads
11 Comments leave one →
  1. January 7, 2010 1:41 pm

So far it looks f’ing terrible

2. January 7, 2010 1:49 pm

It’s called primer.

3. Samir permalink
    January 7, 2010 2:30 pm

I was just thinking that I hope they don’t paint it to look like all of the other ugly buildings on that corner.

4. January 7, 2010 2:32 pm

Look at the diagram (where you can see the mural) – that’s not primer, same basic colors. Whatever they are, white looks way better.

5. January 7, 2010 2:41 pm

That mural looks like King Sunny Ade leading the red Pac-Man ghost around on a leash.

6. January 7, 2010 2:55 pm

Ahh, I thought it was the Kool-Aid Man. Oh yeah.

7. Alicia permalink
    January 7, 2010 3:14 pm

I really liked the white. The mural is fine and all, but those lameass Miami Vice pastels are all bad ’80’s memories for me. Yuck.

8. January 7, 2010 3:28 pm

Hey, I have an idea — paint it green, yellow and ochre in homage to the Palace Steak House across the street (second to last photo).

9. January 7, 2010 4:22 pm

call me jaded, but i don’t know that any color scheme (or lack thereof) can help this monstrosity. only that much-rumored mission bowling alley can save the building, but that ain’t gonna happen.

10. January 8, 2010 1:44 am

The ultimate irony of it previously being a paint store I suppose.

And I’m crushed that none of you commented on the pastelhorrific colors I used in the poll to bias the results. I learned how to make a custom poll CSS just for this! Sheesh, there was an hour at work wasted.

11. January 8, 2010 12:47 pm

Armand from Mission Local has the scoop on the what the final color scheme will be – forget Miami, we’re talking New Orleans, baby.