xkcd Star Wars Character Proximity Map
xkcd – droll nerd webcomic – has published what will invariably become a classic, a diagram of movie characters’ proximity vs time. Crop of the Star Wars timeline:
Hey, this looks like a subway map! (Especially given R2, 3P0 and Chewie are color-coded.)
Full version also includes other lesser movies such as Lord of the Rings and Jurrasic Park:
I am ridiculously jealous I didn’t think of this first. Someone needs to do this for Gavin Newsom and the Board of Sups. (And Allan!)
I seriously worry about the order in which my daughter will watch the Star Wars movies. Damn well is going to be IV/V/VI if I have anything to do with it. But what if she watches I/II/III at a sleepover?!? Nooooooo!
Muuuch later I will teach her the Star Wars drinking game. The Force is obviously a social. Other rules (that I remember):
- Something doesn’t work on the Millennium Falcon.
- Sexual tension between Han and Leia.
- A planet is described as having a single environment.
- Stormtrooper armor fails.
- Luke whines about something (whoever gets this one is seriously screwed).